Brinjal 2 Big size, Chilli powder 1 tbl spn, Red chilli 2, Asafoetida (Hing) 1/2 tea spn, Oil 1 tbl spn, Fenugreek Seeds (Methi) - 1/2 tea spn, Mustard Seeds 2 tea spn, Turmeric Powder 1 tea spn, 1 tea spn Urad Daal, Salt as per taste.
* Cut the Brinjals into thin slices and soak in water to avoid discoloration.
* Heat oil in a kadai and add mustard seeds and fenugreek seeds.
* Fry till fenugreek seeds/ Methi changes it's colour.
* Now add Asafoetida, urad daal, and dry chilli and fry for some time.
* Next add turmeric powder and red chilli powder.
* At this stage drain water from brinjal and add in the kadai.
* Add salt and mix every thing well.
* To avoid burning add little bit of water.
* Cover with a lid and cook on low flame till the brinjal cooks well.
* If you put more oil then dish will be more tasty. In between keep checking if the brinjals have cooked.
* Now Vaingana talasani is ready to be served.
This dish goes well with chapatis or phulkis or as a side dish with rice.