- Coconut oil
- 1 table spoon coriander seeds
- 1 tea spoon mustard seeds
- 1 tea spoon methi/fenugreek seeds
- 1 small tea spoon black pepper (10-12)
- 1/4 tea spoon turmeric powder
- 1 cup grated coconut
- 4-5 red chilli
- 1 Cup Vadis/odi (Kuvale vadi/odi)
- curry leaves
- Small piece tamarind piece (we can even use Bimble or Karambal)
* Roast 1 table spoon coriander seeds, 1 small tea spoon black pepper (10-12), 4-5 red chilli, 1/4 cup grated coconut in coconut oil (2-3 tbl spoon).
* In a mixi jar grind these roasted ingredients, 3/4 cup grated coconut, 1/4 tea spoon turmeric powder, Small piece tamarind piece, little water (1/2 cup) and prepare the masala.
* For seasoning add some oil in a pan, 1 tbl spoon mustard seeds, 1 tea spoon methi/fenugreek seeds, curry leaves, 1 Cup Vadis/odi (Kuvale vadi/odi) and roast it until the vaid turns red in colour. Then, add the masala and some water to adjust the consistancy. Add hing/asafoetida and salt as per taste and bring it to a boil. Vadi Rose is ready to be served with rice.
- Instead of Tamarind we can even use Bimble or Karambal.