- Rice 2 big cups (soona masoori), Grated tender coconut 1 cup, Milk 1 big cup, Grated Jaggery 1 cup, Cardamom 8
* First wash the rice with enough water. Then add water above the rice level and soak for about 8 hours.
* After 8 hours, grind it with coconut using water. Coconut should be tender for this recipe.
* Grind two times with half or rice and coconut into smooth paste, and the batter should be thick.
* Grind the remaining rice and coconut in the same way. Grind into smooth and thick paste.
* Transfer this batter into a kadai or thick bottom pan.
* Keep the flame on medium. Add salt and stir continuously, till it comes together to form dough.
* Make small balls of the dough and keep them on idly cooker tray.
* First put some water in the idly cooker, keep a tray on this and place these rice balls on the tray and cook like idly only.
* Steam cook these rice balls for 15 minutes on high flame.
* Apply some coconut oil to sevai maker. Keep the steamed hot rice balls in to the cup with holes and turn the handle of the machine clock wise.
* Once the rice ball cools it becomes harder to turn the handle of the sevai machine.
* Now we will prepare Gode Rose/Sweek Milk for dipping.
* Take one big cup of milk. Add grated jaggery according to the required sweetness and stir till it dissolves in the milk.
* Now add the cardamom powder and mix again.
* Sweet milk is ready to be served with sevai.
* With the given measurements we can make 5 plates of sevai.
* We can serve this sevai with coconut oil and chutney.
* Or we can serve this sevai with sweet milk as well.
* Sevai make is easily available in the market.
* This recipe requires bit more time and effort to prepare, But it is very tasty and yummy breakfast recipe.