1/2 Kg Beet root, Grated coconut 1 cup, Curd 1/2 Cup, Green Chillies 2, Asafoetida (Hing) one pinch, Coconut oil 1/2 table spoon, Salt as per taste
* Wash, peel the outer skin and cut the beetroot into small pieces
* To cook the beetroot, put them into the cooker with some salt and water and cook for 4 whistles on high flame
* Now Heat some oil in a pan and fry green chillies and asafoetida till chillies get bit softer.
* To prepare chutney or masala add the grated coconut, salt, fried chillies and asafoetida and little water into mixi jar.
* Grind into fine paste.
* In a big bowl, add the cooked beetroot, curd and chutney and mix well.
* Beet Root raita is ready to be served.
This goes well as a side dish with rice. It is very healthy recipe.