Potatoes 1/2 kg, Fenugreek Seeds (Methi) 1/2 tea spn, Salt as per taste, Oil 1 table spoon, Mustard Seeds 1 tea spn, Turmeric Powder 1 tea spoon spn, Red chilli powder 1 tbl spn, Pinch of Asafoetida (Hing)
* Clean, peal and cut the potatos into long thin pieces.
* Heat oil in a pan and add mustard seeds, fenugreek seeds, turmeric powder and chilli powder.
Fry the temparing for about few seconds.
* Next add potato pieces in the pan and mix well.
* Disolve asafoetida in a table spoon of water and keep aside
* Finally add salt as per taste and asafoetida water.
* Close the lid and cook the potatoes on low flame.
* Frying turmeric powder and chilli powder in oil will give nice colour to the dish.
* Talasani is preferably cooked only in oil. It will give very delicious taste to the dish.
* Do not over cook the potatoes and also avoid stiring continuously as it will break the potato slices.
* This goes well with chapatis or phulkis and as a side dish with rice.