Potato 1/4 kg, Red chilli powder 1 table spoon, Salt, Semolina/Rava 2 table spoon, oil for shallow frying
*Wash and peel the skin of the potatoes.
* Cut into round thick slices.
* Either use chilli paste or mix chilli powder with some water and make the chilli paste.
* First apply salt to potato slices.
* Next apply chilli paste according to the taste.
* Dip these slices into semolina /rava and coat rava to potato slices.
* Heat tava and apply some oil to it.
* Place the potato slices on tava and apply some more oil on top of the slices.
* Close the lid and cook from one side for 5 minutes.
* After 5 minutes flip the slices to the other side.
* Apply some more oil if required.
* Close the lid & cook till done.
The same steps can be followed to make brinjal,Onion,cauliflower,raw banana fries.
This is a good combination with rice and Daal(Daalitoy).