Prawns 1 cup, grated coconut 1 cup, Onions 2 big, coriander seeds 1 table spoon, Fenugreak seeds 1 tea spoon, Red chillies 5, raw mango slice 4(or temarind), Turmeric powder and salt for taste.
* Fry fenugreek seeds in little oil till turning red in colour. Do not burn and transfer in a seperate bowl after frying.
* After it cools down crush it into coarse powder and keep aside.
* In the same pain fry coriander seeds with some more oil till they change a little bit color and then transfer to a seperate bowl.
* Fry about 1/2 table spoon of choped onions till getting light brown colour.
* Transfer this to coriander plate.
* For preparing masala for the curry add grated coconut, dry chillies, turmeric powder, fried onions and fried coriander seeds in a mixi jar.
* Grind it into a fine paste using water as required.
* Heat oil in a big pan and add half of the ramaining onions to brown colour.
* Next add in cleaned prawns and fry for about a minute.
* Add the ground paste, raw mangoes, remaining raw onions and salt.
* Add water to get curry like consistancy and bring a boil.
* Once it starts boiling and prawns cook add the fenugreek seeds powder and give it a good stir.
* Switch off the gas flame and hot prawn curry is ready to serve with rise.
Do not burn fenugreek seeds else it will bring bitterness to the curry.
If mango is not available use dry mango powder or temarind pulp.