Ingredients used for masala:
- 1 cup grated coconut
- 5 or 6 red chilli (Byadgi chilli)
- 1 table spoon coriander seeds
- 1/2 tea spoon turmeric powder
- small piece tamarind
- 1 cup drumstick/Moringa flowers (washed)
Ingredients for Seasoning:
- Cooked toor daal 1 cup
- Salt as per taste
- coconut oil
- mustard seeds
- 1 red chilli
- curry leaves
* Grind 1 cup grated coconut, 5 or 6 red chilli (Byadgi chilli), 1 table spoon coriander seeds, 1/2 tea spoon turmeric powder, small piece tamarind and add little water and grind into fine paste.
* Add 1 cup cooked toor daal in this masala, add little water to adjust the consistency and mix well.
* Now cook this on a low flame. Add 1 cup drumstick/Moringa flowers (washed), Asafoetida/hing water or power, salt as per taste and bring to a boil.
* For seasoning, in a different pan take some coconut oil, add mustard seeds, 1 red chilli, curry leaves and add the seasoning to the daal and give it a mix.
- Moringa / Drumstick flowers are very healthy and if you do not get them it is optional.