Crabs 1/2 Kg, Grated coconut 1 cup, Chopped Onions 2, Coriander Seeds 1/2 table spoon, Dry Red chillies 6, Turmeric Powder 1/2 tea spn, Garlic cloves 3, Pepper Corn 5, Oil 1 table spoon, Salt as per taste.
* Heat 1 tea spoon oil and add gralic cloves, pepper, coriander seeds and red chillies and fry for one minute.
* After frying these ingredients, transfer it to separate plate.
* Now again, fry 2 tea spoon of chopped onion till it gets brown.
* Now again, transfer this to a separate plate and allow this to cool down.
* Allow all these fried items to cool down before grinding.
* In a mixi jar, add the grated coconut, fried items and turmeric powder and some water and grind into fine paste.
* In a kadai, put some oil and fry half of the onion and keep half onion to use later.
* Fry onion till it changes colour. Add some salt here, so that onions will cook fast.
* Now add the cleaned crabs, Fry these crabs also for a minute.
* Add about a cup of water and remaining onions into this kadai, mix well and close the lid.
* Keep the flame on high and cook for 5 minutes as crabs cook fast.
* After 5 minutes the crabs are cooked and now add the masala. Crabs, leave water while cooking, so dont add more water in the begining.
* Add some water if required to adjust the thickness of the gravy.
* Finally add salt and bring this to a nice boil.
* Hot crab curry is ready to be served with rice.
This recipe goes well with rice as a main course.