- Fresh Bhind/Cocum 4 or Dried Bhind/Cocum, Coriander Leaves, Salt as per taste, Pinch of Hing/Asafoetida, 2 Table spoon Jaggery, Green Chilli 3-4, 2-3 Table spoon Oil, Curry leaves, 1 table spoon Mustard Seeds
- In a bowl take some water. Cut the Bhind/Cocom into 4 pieces and squeeze them in water.
* We even use the seeds also for this kadi.
* Now we will mix all the ingredients into the bowl one by one.
* First put hing/asafoetida and dissolve it in the water properly.
* Now put jaggery, coriander leaves, green chillies, salt into this bowl and mix well.
* Close the lid and rest it for 10-15 minutes.
* Now for seasoning, heat some oil in a pan. Once the oil is heated add the mustard seeds and curry leaves and turn off the gas flame.
* Remove the outer shell and some of the seeds from the kadi.
* Next add the seasoning into this kadi and stir well.
* Bhinda Kadi is ready to be served with hot rice.
* We even use the seeds of bhind/cocum for this recipe.
* If Fresh Bhind/cocum is not available, then use the dried cocum.
* Even ready to use salty cocum syrup is available in market which can be used instead of cocum fruit
* Even this kadi can be filtered and used as summer juice with some ice which is very refreshing and cool for the body.