Bangde/Mackerel Fish - 2 , Grated Coconut 1 cup, Red Chillies 10-12, Dry Cocum/Bhind - 2-3, Crushed Ginger small piece, Teppal 10-15, Turmeric Poweder 1/2 table spoon, Coconut Oil , salt as per taste.
* Bangde/Mackerel Fish should be cleaned and cut into small pieces.
* In a cup of water put the dry cocum/bhind and teppal so that they become soft.
* In a mixi jar, put the grated coconut, red chillies, turmeric powder and make into fine paste.
* Now apply some salt to the fish pieces.
* Now in a bowl, put this masala and first add salt and then put the softened teppal and cocum/bhind and the crushed ginger.
* Now add some water and mix well.
* Now gently place the fish pieces inside the gravy.
* Now if you have turmeric leaves place it on top of this gravy along with some coconut oil.
* Now close this pan with a lid and cook it for 10 minutes, with some water on top of the closed lid.
* Once the fish is cooked, then our Bangde Sukke is ready to be served.
If you use Turmeric leaves and coconut oil, it will enhance the taste of this dish and it will smell and taste more yummy. Even Cocum/Bhind also adds it's own flavor to this dish. It goes well as a side dish with rice.