- Mackerel (bangde) - 4, Garlic Cloves 10, Tamarind 1/2 lemon size, Red chilli powder 2 table spoon, Turmeric powder 1 table spoon, salt as per taste,
Oil 1 table spoon, Fenugreet (Methi) seeds and asafoetida 1/4 table spoon, Mustard Seeds 1 tea spoon.
* Clean, Cut the Mackerel/Bangde into slices and apply some salt to the fish and keep aside for 10 minutes.
* Apply enough salt so that no need to put salt again while preparing dish.
* Put garlic, red chilli powder, turmeric powder, tamarind pulp in a mixi jar.
* Grind it into fine paste with some water. Make thick masala with little water.
* Heat oil in a kadai, [Here we have used Mud/earthen pot].
* Give seasoning of mustard seeds, asafoetida and fenugreek seeds.
* Make sure asafoetida dilutes well in oil.
* Now add the masala in the kadai and fry it for about a minute.
* Add the pieces of mackerel fish. Remember the fish already has salt. Give a nice mix.
* Oil should be enough to cook the fish else the masala and fish will burn.
* Close the lid and cook for five minutes on low flame.
* After 5 minutes gentally turn each pieces upside down and again cook for another 5 minutes.
* Do not over cook and switch off the flame after 5 minutes.
* Using earthen pot will enhance the taste of the dish.
* Do not over cook the dish.