* Ripe mangoes 4, Grated coconut 1 cup, dry red chillies 3-4, Gaggery 1 table spoon and salt for taste.
* Peel the mangoes and squeeze out all the juice.
* In a mixi jar add grated coconut, red chillies and salt and grind into smooth paste using little water.
* in a big bowl add the ground masala or chutney, mango pulp and gaggery.
* Mix well till the gaggery disolves.
* Ambya sasam is ready to serve.
* Keep one or two mango seeds without squeezing and add it to the dish
* It tastes great while eating.
* Add gaggery according to the sweetness of the mangoes.
* As the salt is added while grinding chutney add additional salt only if required at the end
* It is a good side dish with rice.