- 2-3 Mangoes sliced (half riped mangoes can also be used)
- Mustard seeds 1 tea spoon
- Methi seeds 1/4 tea spoon
- 1 tbl spoon coriander seeds
- 5 Green chillies (if they are more spicy use 2-3)
- 2 cup grated coconut
- 1/2 tea spoon turmeric powder
- 5 red chillies (byadgi)
- Jaggery and salt as per taste.
- Coconut Oil - 1 tbl spoon.
* Wash the Mangoes properly, cut the tip of the mangoes properly and slice them into pieces.
* In a Pan heat some oil, add mustard seeds, methi seeds, slit green chillies fry them and then add sliced mangoes. Add half a cup water and close the lid and cook for some time.
* Meantime, Roast coriander seeds in a pan. Now in a mixi jar add 2 cups of grated coconut, roasted coriander seeds, turmeric powder, red chillies and a cup of water and grind into paste.
* Add this paste into the cooking pan along with the mangoes and mix them well, add salt and jaggery as per taste and cook until boiling.
Both Sweet Mangoes or half riped mangoes can be used for this recipe.
Also dont over cook the mangoes !!!